Yesterday was so interesting. We was put into some challenges and technical debation. One of them is [choosing the good “framework” to work with a PhoneGap application we’re going to develop in some next days].
The debation becomes to: SenchaTouch or JQuery Mobile?. After the debation, we finally get some below points as our note:
Designed based on ExtJS. It uses the “declarative” approach for creating the UI. It means: you use the code for creating the UI component.
- Support good design pattern (MVC, Proxy, …). It’s more convenient for developer to create application with complex logic at the client side.
- Good documentation.
- It’s not too convenient to HTML guys – who more used to with the “HTML mark-up”.
- You need to consider the license carefully if you want to create the “closed-source” solution.
B. JQuery Mobile:
JQuery Mobile is created with the approach of “mark-up based approach”. It means JQuery Mobile allows you to create mark-up HTML and support you some special attribute/class to change the UI to be “mobile native mode” with their default theme.
- The license is cool.
- Convenient to HTML guys – who loves “mark-up” on their daily job :).
- It’s good for mobile web – which requires simple logic (just navigation, simple data processing).
How about your ideas?